Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Big emotions

I am so happy that I almost can't be happy, there isn't space for it.

I just read a friend's blog that suggested this election was our generation's form of protest - we stood up and spoke out for what we believe in, for what we wanted to see changed - and we did it, ironically enough, through an established political process. The way the Obama campaign has been run, has gathered together people, has inspired young voters and first time voters and disenfranchised voters and people of all sorts of races, backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, ages, and beliefs is inspiring. I know some of my friends can't understand it, but I will remember where I was last night when I heard the news for the rest of my life. All along I'm not sure I believed it would happen. It did. Maybe this country really is changing. The future looks interesting.

No comments: