Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Keeping Draino in business

A certain man in my life has been suggesting recently that I grow out my hair. It's something that has occurred to me too, because, well, Brittney Spears has my haircut in the Womanizer video and it looks like a wig. Is a wig, I mean, and I would prefer my hair looks like hair. Also, I'm bored with it.

But Brittney and wigs are not my point. My point is, I'm afraid to grow my hair out because I shed like a cat. As a matter of fact, between me and my cat, I have a constant vacuuming problem. It is entirely possible that if I let it go too long, you would never see my carpeting.

My cat is also shedding more because spring is coming. Could I be shedding because of spring? This week, I have pulled hair out of the shower drain three times at my apartment, and once at the boyfriend's house, just so the water would drain better. While vacuuming up the hair disaster, I had to stop and pull hair out of the vacuum brush-thingy because it wouldn't spin. And if I haven't disgusted you enough already, I took photographic evidence:



That's only what I pulled from the brush - much, much more got vacuumed up or swiffered and thrown out. And apparently some floss came along. Anyway, I have no idea what to do about it, but I'm clogging the drains and making a mess and it's driving me crazy.

2 comments:

lanae130 said...

F*ck that Sh*t! Maybe it is different where ya'll come from, but I got sick of hearing boys talk about how much they love long hair back in about 3rd grade. If a girl wants short hair, she should have short hair. If a guy needs long hair, he can grow out his own. Femininity and beauty are not absent when girls have short hair. Additionally, having long hair doesn't make you hotter. If your boyfriend wants long hair, email him a YouTube video of Cher.

That is all.

gwen said...

I love that you posted that photo. Ha.

I echo wise Yogurt up there: You have a pretty compelling reason NOT to cut your hair, and I think you look badass and lovely with short(ish -- not like it's SO short) hair. You would probably look lovely with long hair too, but if YOU don't want to grow it out, you shouldn't.