Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sleep logic

A new medication I've been taking has the possible side effect of unusual dreams. Now, I've always had unusual dreams, but in the last few weeks they have been more frequent and more intense. I've dreamed about traveling in airports inside of convenience stores, going back in time by train, grilling cat food, watching Gauls hold ancient ceremonies, and many other things.

I think because of the weird dreams, I am having a harder time snapping back into reality when I wake up. A few nights ago I woke up and was completely out of it. I wasn't really sure what I was doing, but what was really confusing me was this thing in my bed. Sleep-me couldn't even figure out what it was - was it a person, a lump, or something else? And why was it in my bed? So, logically, I reached out and poked "it" in the face a few times.

"It" was my boyfriend, who is almost always next to me when I'm sleeping, and should thus not have confused me so much. On the second or third poke I realized this, apparently said sorry, and went back to sleep. The next morning I had convinced myself it was all a dream.

Turns out it wasn't, and I had poked him in the eye. He had turned over to escape me and my sleep-poking. Poor guy!

1 comment:

lanae130 said...

I just awarded you on my blog, pass it on! http://unicornchowder.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-first-award.html