Saturday, October 25, 2008

This man is my husband

John Green reaffirms my hope in humanity.

Seriously, I just keep talking about this dude, but he is so worth it. John Green is an author of young adult novels that are so good they have literally changed my life. He only has three books out, but he is already one of my favorite novels. His most recent novel, Paper Towns, debuted at #5 on the New York Times bestseller list this week. John also just revealed today that Paper Towns has a movie deal with the folks who made Juno. His main characters are nearly always nerdy high school guys with crushes on vibrant, mysterious girls, but there are always strong themes of growing up, understanding and enjoying life, and having spontaneous adventures. He also has one short story in a collection of holiday romances (yeah, I know, it sounds awful, but really isn't) called Let it Snow. I cannot recommend his novels enough.

In addition to being a stunningly good author, John also videoblogs, because of a project he did with his brother Hank called Brotherhood 2.0. John and Hank communicated via videoblog for a year, and made it public online, creating a huge following (called Nerdflighters) and generally being wonderful. They still blog, and it continues to be good.

Also, yeah, John Green is my husband. He just doesn't know it yet. And is married to someone else. For the videoblogs and the Nerdfighter community, go here. For John's website, go here, where you will also find info on buying my favorite of his novels, An Abundance of Katherines, for $3.99. Can't beat that! DO it.

1 comment:

milowent said...

its a secret yeti in waiting!