Saturday, May 30, 2009

Life Lessons

Today, I have two life lessons to share with everyone:
1. Avoid gossip
2. Don't date nutjobs

Both are kind of hard to live by.
Backstory: last summer, I briefly dated a guy I met on okcupid.com - judge if you like, but I have dabbled in online dating. He seemed like a real winner, so I was a little disappointed when he dumped me, though I suspected it was because I wouldn't put out - making him less of a winner. We decided to "stay friends" which failed when he wouldn't stop flirting with me in a pretty obvious way. That and I had made the wise decision to not be friends with people I dated.

Fast forward to now, with no communication besides a few chats in between (in varying degrees of snarkiness and smugness on my part over my excellent boyfriend). He recently IMed me to let me know he had had a risque conversation on okcupid with a friend of mine from the program. Not my style of chat, but whatever. It was an unexpected connection between people I know.

Then today, I ran into said friend, to hear that this guy told her I was crazy and thought he was stalking me! Now crazy, sometimes that's legit, even the awesome BF would admit that. But really? I didn't think he was stalking me - just that he was inappropriate! Very odd.

I have spent the last two days telling the BF how glad I am that I'm with him and not some nutjob. I also guess that I'm not living by my first life lesson here, but I thought it was an interesting story worth sharing.

No comments: