Saturday, May 30, 2009

LAN Party

Last night I participated in my first ever LAN party with the BF and his brother and their friends. Some observations:

1. 5 hours is WAY TOO LONG to play StarCraft unless you're really, really bored .
2. There are some people out there who are way too into their video games.
3. Computer game themed cupcakes are always a hit with nerd boys.
4. Nerd boys still make messes with cupcakes, themed or not.
5. I am a complete and total noob for not knowing what a "Lurker" is. Except that now I know, after demanding an explanation.
6. My cat loves people, gamers or not.
7. If I am going to have a party, I want talking and social interaction - other than re-hashing strategies from previous games.
8. It's nice dating a techie, because I would be clueless about anything network-related otherwise.
9. I really hate having people watch over my shoulder while I play (and lose) games.
10. Next time we do this, I will provide refreshments and a crummy ally for maybe 3 or 4 games, and then I will retreat to a good book so the boys can talk about hit points and tactical strategies.

No comments: