Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Featuring: the crazy-person email

If this whole blogging business works out, I anticipate this to be a regular feature: the emails I get on the dating website from crazy people. To be fair, they aren't all crazy. Some of them just approach things differently than I do, or hold the principles of spelling and grammar in less high regard. Like this one:

How are u? I find your profile to be thoughtful and pretty deep, but thats not a bad thing. Anyways saw that u were looking at mine, so took a look at yours. I like to talk about things and see them in different point of views. Pardon my spelling if its bad. I'm a math whiz and maybe the worst speller ever. Now were was I. I saw that u studied religion. I don't hate religion but I have problems with all of them. Now there good for some people, some people have major problems then become born again & become great people. My biggest rift with it is it divieds people, causes pain, starts wars, could go on & on. I respect it but just don'r wish to particepet. Does this make me a bad person maybe but i'm ok with that. Your probally exasted from reading this so ill leave it at that. I would love to here your response since your on the oppiset spectrum.

It's really unfortunate, my grammar obsession. It makes me, shall I say... a bitch? about some things. Like, for instance, the use of "u" for "you" in anything but text messages with character limits. Also, particepet? oppiset? exasted? That one I didn't even recognize at first. Oh I am an awful judging person. Yes, I will never find a man because I insist that he know the difference between "your" and "you're." I am willing to settle down in a life of spinsterhood and good grammar. I have a cat. He doesn't send me misspelled emails. At least he didn't propose marriage to me. Yes, that has happened before. I mean, a guy in an email, not my cat.

On that note, goodnight! Stay tuned for more dating capers and incredible emails!

No comments: